About electronic publishing
Examples of electronic journals
Illustrations of the state of affairs concerning the on-line publication of preprints and articles
- Institute of Physics Publishing electronic journals
- Publications of the American Physical Society">American Physical Society and the American Chemical Society
- The Astrophysical Journal , a hypertext edition of the paper journal, with the possibility to search the text.
The electronic journal is available on the Web.
- The Journal of High Energy Physics, a refereed journal written, run and distributed by electronic means.
Papers available in PostScript, DVI and PDF.
- Mathematical Physics E-journal is a purely electronic refereed journal that is available for free. Abstracts are
offered in ASCII and the articles in PostScript, such that they have to be printed (or viewed with
- Journal of Fluids Engineering is an experiment in electronic publishing. One article has been scanned and
stored as pictures. The raw research data are available in a database. Multimedia applications have been
added and the possibility of interactive discussion through a bulletin board. The experiment is not much alive
- Psycoloquy Journal, a freely accessible purely electronic journal on psychology, cognitive science,
neuroscience, behavioural biology, artifical intelligence, robotics, linguistics and philosophy. It is refereed and
contains articles and peer commentary.
- Ginsparg's Los Alamos preprint databases , on many subjects such as high energy, atomic, molecular, chemical and astrophysics.
- Computing Research Repository - through a partnership of ACM, the Los Alamos e-Print archive, and NCSTRL (Networked Computer Science Technical Reference Library)
- Association of Research Libraries directory of Electronic Journals, Newsletters and Academic Discussion
- Directory of scholarly and professional e-conferences
Examples of other electronic publications
Some examples of possible applications of electronic tools and techniques to the transfer of information on physics
and related subjects:
- CREW, Collaboratory for Research on Electronic Work, and the Upper Atmospheric Research
Collaboratory UARC they helped to develop
- VSMS, Virtual School of Molecular Sciences
- VHG, the Virtual Hyperglossary: a collaborative virtual project to provide a distributed set of glossaries on
- Polymers & liquid crystals - A multimedia tutorial.
- Wave-particle duality - A tentative tutorial aid for beginners in quantum physics.
- ILLC Homepage , the Institute for Language, Logic and Computation in Amsterdam, from where the
national graduate school OzsL and the European association FoLLI can also be reached.
- Colibri newsletter on language, speech, logic and information.
Back to the Communication in Physics Project home page with frames
or without frames .
Additions, corrections and comments concerning this page are always welcome. Please send them to:
Last modifications on: 12-1 1999