Sign up to Membership of the IAS Society to enjoy a personal
subscription to Robotics and Autonomous Systems.
As of 1995, the journal Robotics and
Autonomous Systems is affiliated to the newly
founded Intelligent Autonomous Systems
(IAS) Society (founded by the organizers of the
As a member of the IAS Society you can
benefit form the following:
- free subscription to the journal
Robotics and Autonomous Systems ;
- information through the IAS Society news
page in the journal Robotics and Autonomous
- be involved in the composition of the IAS
Society Governing Board;
- be involved in the content and place of the
next IAS Conferences.
The IAS Society has an Executive Committee consisting
L.O. Hertzberger, Chairman (University of Amsterdam,
T. Kanade, Secretary (Carnegie-Mellon
University, USA) and
H. Inoue, Treasurer (University of
In addition, the chairmen of the pre- and post-IAS
conferences will be members of this committee.
Besides the Executive Committee, the IAS Society
has a Governing Board which was established at the
IAS-4 conference in Karlsruhe (March 1995).
- F.C.A. Groen, University of Amsterdam, Faculty of
Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics and Astronomy,
Department of Computer Systems, Kruislaan 403,
1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- T.C. Henderson, University of Utah, Department of
Computer Science, 3160 Merrill Engineering Building, Salt
Lake City, UT 84112, USA.
Robotics and Autonomous Systems will carry
describing fundamental developments in the field of robotics,
with special emphasis on autonomous systems. An important
goal of this journal is to extend the state of the art in both
symbolic and sensory based robot control and learning in the
context of autonomous systems.
- articles on
the theoretical, computational and experimental aspects of
autonomous systems, or modules of such systems.
Application environments of interest include industrial,
outdoor and outer space where advanced robotic techniques
are required for autonomous systems to accomplish goals
without human intervention; this includes robotics for
hazardous and hostile environments.
reports on international meetings in the field, as well as an
occasional multi-author debate on current topics of interest.
- symbol mediated robot behavior control;
- sensory mediated robot behavior control;
- active sensory processing and control;
- industrial applications of autonomous systems;
- sensor modeling and data interpretation; e.g., models and
software for sensor data integration, 3D scene analysis,
environment description and modeling, pattern recognition;
- robust techniques in AI and sensing; e.g., uncertainty
modeling, graceful degradation of systems;
- robot programming; e.g., on-line and off-line programming,
discrete event dynamical systems, fuzzy logic;
- CAD-based robotics; e.g., CAD-based vision, reverse engineering.
- robot simulation and visualization tools;
- tele-autonomous systems;
- micro electro-mechanical robots;
- robot control architectures;
- robot planning, adaptation and learning;
- autonomous systems.
Cambridge Scientific Abstracts, Compuscience, Computer
Abstracts, EIC Intelligence, Engineering Index/Compendex,
INSPEC Information Services.
1997 SUBSCRIPTION DATA
Volumes 19-20-21 (in 12 issues)
Dfl. 1416.00 (US $ 810.00)
Special issues including such topics as Autonomous
Mobile Systems and Biorobotics are
planned for this year.
The conditions for subscription to
Robotics & Autonomous Systems 1997, vols. 19-20-21 (in 12 issues) are:
- subscribers must be individual members of the IAS Society;
- institutions/libraries/corporations and other institutional
bodies are not eligible for the free subscription, even if members
of the IAS Society;
- this offer applies to subscription year 1997 only;
back volumes are not
- membership to the IAS Society, including a subscription to
the journal Robotics and Autonomous Systems can be ordered
via the order form below;
- membership runs parallel with the calendar year.
1997 Society membership fee: US $ 100.00 (including an individual
subscription for volumes 19-20-21 (in 12 issues)
to the journal Robotics and Autonomous Systems.
Elsevier An Imprint of Elsevier Science
You can also place an order by faxing the following form:
Charge my credit card:
E-mail, if possible:
Credit Card :
- American Express
Card No :
Valid Until :
Fax: +31 20 525 7490
This document was generated using the LaTeX2HTML translator Version 95.1 (Fri Jan 20 1995) Copyright © 1993, 1994, Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.
The command line arguments were:
latex2html -split 0 ras.tex.
The translation was initiated by 0000-Admin(0000) on Fri Dec 1 17:27:48 MET 1995
Fri Dec 1 17:27:48 MET 1995